Fire up the grill or heat up your grill pan because these Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs with Orange Chipotle Sauce are going to light up your tastebuds and are nothing less than extraordinary.
I love summer and I know I have mentioned how much I love to BBQ so this recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs with Orange-Chipotle Sauce are the perfect love affair of summer and BBQ. Seriously if you like or I should say love shrimp, you are going to love them all wrapped up in bacon and dipped in this amazing sweet and spicy chipotle sauce.
The Orange Chipotle Sauce is a combination of orange marmalade and chopped up chipotle peppers which may not seem like much, but is it ever a delicious sauce to baste the shrimp and bacon in as you bbq them, not to mention use the leftovers to dunk the shrimp in before each succulent bite.
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs with Orange-Chipotle Sauce are simply a perfect appetizer to bring to your beginning of summer bash or next neighborhood cookout. So lets get threading and dress those shrimp properly in bacon and show that BBQ who is boss, it’s time to get grilling and licking your lips as you enjoy these Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Kabobs with Orange-Chipotle Sauce. xoxo
- 1/2-cup orange marmalade
- 3-Tbsp. water
- 1-Tbsp. chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 12-slices turkey Bacon
- 36-uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp (1-1/4 lb.)
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Mix first 3 ingredients until blended; set aside. Place bacon slices on microwaveable plate; cover with paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 2 min, or until partially cooked. (Bacon will be slightly limp.) Drain bacon; cool slightly.
- Thread 1 bacon slice and 3 shrimp onto each of 12 skewers, placing shrimp between folds of bacon.
- Reserve half the sauce. Grill kabobs 5 to 6 min. or until bacon and shrimp are done, brushing with remaining sauce for the last 2 min. Warm reserved sauce; serve with kabobs. Enjoy!