Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is just like a Big Mac in a bowl without all the calories. You just have to try it, and with one bite you will be hooked.
Ok, so I have to admit and give some credit to my husband for helping me make this delicious Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. I wanted to make this for dinner on Monday and I needed him to get it started, so he willingly put all the ingredients into the slow cooker as I headed out to work and let it cook all day so when I came home all that I needed to do was cook the turkey and yogurt mixture to place in the soup. As soon as I got out of my car in the garage I could smell this Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup and I new it was going to be nothing less than amazing.
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is so rich and creamy you won’t need anything else to accompany it but a spoon and a big appetite. I can’t tell you how addicting this soup is, and made with healthy ingredients makes it that much better. Just because something is healthy doesn’t mean it has to taste like cardboard and lack all the flavors we love so much.
So pull out those slow cooker’s and make this Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup I promise you will be licking your bowl clean. xoxo
- 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey or lean ground beef ( I used Turkey)
- 8-pieces of turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups plain unsweetened almond milk ( or milk of your choice)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- green onions
- bacon bits
- In your slow cooker, add diced potatoes, chopped onion, diced celery, carrots, parsley and basil. Add chicken broth. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours or until potatoes and veggies are tender.
- About 30 minutes before it is done, cook the ground turkey in a medium saucepan about 4-5 minutes until brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add the milk, greek yogurt, flour, salt, and pepper and cook until bubbly.
- Add yogurt/milk mixture, cheese, bacon and ground turkey to the crockpot. Stir and continue to cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings. Enjoy!