No one said a cheeseburger had to only be between the buns! This Cheeseburger Pizza is loaded with all the goods we like on our burgers, but pizza style.
Cheeseburger as a pizza? Oh yes, and it was spectacular. It is so fun to be creative with food and for me this is thinking outside the buns. This Cheeseburger Pizza was so quick and easy to make I am ready to make it again. I think my favorite part about this Cheeseburger Pizza (besides eating it) was the way it smelled coming hot out of the oven. Just like those fast food burgers that makes our mouths water, but a bit on the healthier side. I used extra lean ground sirloin which was nice because I didn’t have all the grease to drain off or make the pizza soggy, yet it still provided lots of good flavor.
This is one of those recipes you can put together quickly and serve after just 1O minutes of baking. All the condiments on this Cheeseburger Pizza blend and taste so well together, it is a great alternative to fast food and really is a “fast” food. So pull your buns out and throw the pie in, and enjoy every bite of this Cheeseburger Pizza! xoxo.
- 4 ounces 90% lean ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted ketchup
- 1 (10-ounce) prepared pizza crust (I used Boboli)
- 2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 10 dill pickle chips
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 450°.
- While oven preheats, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and salt to pan; cook 3 minutes or until beef is browned. Remove pan from heat.
- Combine mayonnaise and ketchup in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread mayonnaise mixture over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Spread beef mixture evenly over mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle cheeses over beef. Top evenly with tomato slices and pickles; sprinkle evenly with pepper.
- Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Cut pizza into 8 wedges.