Bacon and Egg two of my favorite breakfast foods, and two of the most common breakfast items on any restaurant menu. These Bacon and Egg Cupcakes are the perfect marriage between two breakfast foods ever. A delicious piece of turkey bacon wrapped around eggs, cheese, and herbs all put together in this adorable little cupcake, with an out of this world flavor that is sure to please.
Bacon, who doesn’t love bacon? We love it so much we have bacon flavored ice cream. Bacon is to breakfast what bread is to butter, it just makes it better! Bacon and Egg Cupcakes take all of 10 minutes to prepare, require only 5 ingredients, and taste phenomenal. I think the hardest thing about them is having to crack the egg. There are so many different vegetables and herbs you could put inside them. You could even use all egg whites if you don’t like the yokes, but however you fix them they will be a breakfast favorite.
Bacon and Egg Cupcakes would make such an easy and fit-fabulous way to start your day. Bursting with protein, Bacon and Egg “Cupcakes” are loaded with delectable flavor. A heart healthy egg, hugged by a healthier alternative of turkey bacon that has just the perfect amount of crunch around the edges, but tender in the center, not to mention the melted cheese baked into the egg with a wonderful mix of herbs. I made Bacon and Egg Cupcakes and took them to my parents house when we were having “Breakfast” for dinner and they were gone in seconds. Everyone loved how the flavors all came together and the kids loved the thought of eating a “cupcake” for dinner. Bacon and Egg Cupcakes are an amazing fast fix recipe that will make your realize everything is better with bacon. xoxo
- Cooking Spray
- 12-cup muffin pan
- 12- strips of Turkey bacon
- 12- eggs
- 1-bag of fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped chives (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease the 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray
- Line each muffin cup around the sides with a strip of bacon. (If you like the bacon crispy, place the tray in the oven for 5 minutes).
- Gently crack an egg into each cup and sprinkle with cheese and herbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the egg whites are set. Let sit for a minute then use a knife or spoon to gently remove the "cupcake" from the pan.
- Serve hot and warm. Enjoy!