Bruschetta Stuffed Hummus Zucchini is an amazing gourd, layered with a zesty hummus and fresh vegetables, all topped off with some panko crumbs for that perfect subtle crunch.
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables and is so good in almost any salad, pasta, stir fry, casserole, baked goods…you get my drift. Well this Bruschetta Stuffed Hummus Zucchini is the perfect side dish for the summer. It is bursting with flavor and is super simple to make. I absolutely love hummus and adding it on top of these warm cooked, but not too soft zucchini, it kind of just melts in your mouth.
Bruschetta Stuffed Hummus Zucchini is a healthy way to make vegetables look and taste spectacular. The bruschetta mixed together and layered on the hummus and then sprinkled with panko crumbs really makes you forget you are eating all of that goodness with a simple, but delicious vegetable like a zucchini.
So enjoy the summer and all the colorful vegetables that it has to offer with this Bruschetta Stuffed Hummus Zucchini. It is simple, quick, and makes on heck of a statement with its incredible aroma and vibrant colors. Let it be the next big gourd at your table.
- 3-medium zucchini, ends trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- ¾-cup Sabra Basil Pesto Hummus(or hummus of choice)
- 2-cups halved grape tomatoes
- ¼-cup sliced red onion
- 2-tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1-tablespoon + more for topping extra virgin olive oil
- 2-teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- ¼-cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place zucchini in a baking dish with a little bit of water on the bottom and bake for about 20 minutes, flesh side up until softened enough to scoop out the insides.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and toss together.
- Hollow out the middle of each zucchini half once cooled enough to handle and discard flesh.
- Spoon the hummus (about 2 tablespoons per zucchini half) into the hollowed out cavity.
- Top with the tomato mixture then sprinkle the panko on top.
- Lightly drizzle the panko topping with more olive oil and return to the oven for about 10 minutes. Raise heat to broil for the last 2-3 minutes to just slightly brown the top.
- Remove and serve warm. Enjoy!