Creamy Blueberry Chicken Salad sounds so delicious it just rolls right of the tongue. The smooth and creamy dressing mixed with crunchy onions and celery all topped off with a little burt of blueberry sweetness make this salad simply irresistible.
Who said salad has to be boring? I think salads are such a fun way to mix so many different fresh ingredients, which is why this Creamy Blueberry Chicken Salad is one of my faves. It is loaded with antioxidants and protein and topped off with a healthy greek dressing that can rival all you ranch dressing lovers out there. It has just three simple ingredients that blend so well together and add a mouth watering flavor. Creamy Blueberry Chicken Salad is so quick and easy to make and will fill you up without filling you out.
This salad will be such a great addition to all those spring and summer cookouts that are right around the corner. We all know how adding dressing to our favorite salad too soon can make it soggy, but this salad held its own, which is another reason it will be a perfect salad to your repertoire of spring and summer sides. Creamy Blueberry Chicken Salad has that crispy crunch only celery can provide, you know the one, and a little heat from the oh so infamous red onion. So the next time you need a quick and delicious salad bursting with goodness try Creamy Blueberry Chicken Salad! xoxo
- 1/2-cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/3-cup diced celery
- 1/4-cup torn fresh basil
- 12-ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken (about 3 cups)
- 1/2-teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2-cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2-tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1-tablespoon honey
- 2-cups fresh blueberries
- 1-(5-ounce) package mixed greens of choice
- 2-teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Combine yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and honey in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add yogurt mixture to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Place mixed greens, remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. Enjoy!
- Divide mixed green mixture evenly among 6 plates; top each serving with about 3/4 cup chicken mixture.