This is for all you broccoli lovers out there, or for those of you who just don’t know you are, Sweet and Sour Broccoli Salad is a lip licking, tastebud approved, can I have more kind of salad.
Broccoli, the amazing superfood whose large flowering head is used as a vegetable, is one of my favorite things to eat all year long. It is packed full of vitamin C & A, folic acid, fiber and can be steamed, stir-fried, baked, boiled, bbq’d, eaten hot or cold, thrown into soup, casseroles, omelets, smoothies, and so much more. That is why Sweet and Sour Broccoli Salad is such a must have salad no matter what time of year it is. All the different sweet and sour ingredients really make this salad something special. It all just works so well together and frankly it is hard to stop eating.
The dressing on this Sweet and Sour Broccoli Salad is perfection. It is creamy and blends so well with the sweetness of the grapes and golden raisins, but also has a little sour along with the red onions to really make the flavors blend. The dressing is not over powering or heavy and the crumbled bacon gives it that outdoor bbq flavor that I love. Sweet and Sour Broccoli Salad is so easy to make and even more delicious to eat. xoxo
- 1-large bunch of broccoli trimmed (do not use stems)
- 1-cup toasted sunflower seeds (I used unsalted)
- 12-slices crisp turkey bacon-chopped
- 1/2-cup chopped red onion
- 1/2-cup golden raisins
- 3/4-cup red grapes-halved
- 1-cup vegenaise
- 2-Tbsp + 2-tsp sugar splenda blend
- 2-Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Cook bacon until crisp and set aside (pat off excess grease)
- Place: cut broccoli, sunflower seeds, red onion, raisins, and grapes in a large bowl.
- Chop or tear cooled bacon and add to bowl.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour over broccoli mixture when ready to serve, Enjoy!