Bursting with blueberries, flavored just perfectly with lemon zest, and topped off with a lite lemon glaze,this Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bread is just what you need this Summer.
Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bread is love at first bite. The yogurt makes this bread so moist and I cannot get over how delicious and refreshing it is with the zest of lemon. This bread is irresistible. There is no waiting for the bread to rise, or spending time kneading it or rolling it out. It is a two bowl process and then heads straight to the oven.
I used the sugar splenda blend to reduce the amount of sugar and I also used fat free greek yogurt (you can also use regular plain yogurt as well) and fat free milk too, and it turned out lite, moist, and delicious, but the lemon glaze…It gives this Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bread this sweet and subtle lemon layer that just melts in your mouth bite after bite.
Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bread is simple and easy to make and will be a great addition to any summer brunch or breakfast. So the next time you are in the mood for a fabulous bread and have an hour to wait, Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bread with be worth that wait. xoxo
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1/4cup + 2 Tablespoons sugar splenda blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Fat Free milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 oz plain Fat Free Greek yogurt (regular should work too)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Set aside
- Mix together egg, milk, melted butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Pour into well. Mix just until combined. Stir in yogurt. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool before slicing.
- Combine confectioners sugar with lemon juice, milk and lemon zest. Stir until smooth consistency. Drizzle over warm bread.