Quinoa Taco Bowls are one of the easiest meals I have made. Full of hearty flavor from the quinoa mixed up into a delicious bowl of taco toppings, making Quinoa Taco Bowls a fit-fabulous way to enjoy some of the good things in life.
I made this Quinoa Taco Bowl the other night for dinner and it was my husbands first time every having quinoa, I know, crazy right? Lucky for me he absolutely loved it and devoured the Quinoa Taco Bowl I made him. This had to be one of the easiest recipes I have ever made, I think it rivals top ramen. I get so excited when recipes that are so simple and delicious come together and taste just how you imagine they would. Quinoa Taco Bowls can have just about any topping on it you want. You could even add shredded chicken or lean ground beef to increase the protein. Quinoa has such a nutty full body flavor and is a wonderful alternative to white rice.
Quinoa Taco Bowls allow you to create a healthy taco salad without being deprived of flavor and taco goodness. So for your next meal in a hurry or even the craving for a delicious taco alternative, make a Quinoa Taco Bowl and you won’t have any reason to say “Yo Quiero Taco Bell.” xoxo
- 1-12oz bag of frozen quinoa
- 1-(1.3oz) taco seasoning
- 1-(14oz) can black beans-drained
- 8-oz shredded cheese
- 3-cups chopped lettuce ( I used shredded lettuce from the bag)
- 1-2-tomatoes, chopped
- 1-avocado, diced
- 1-small can black olives, drained
- 1-5.3oz container of plain greek yogurt (or you can use low-fat sour cream)
- Cook quinoa in microwave according to package directions.
- Place quinoa in a bowl and mix in taco seasoning.
- Spoon flavored quinoa into bowls and add toppings as desired. enjoy!