A healthy fit-n-flare on one of the best comfort foods there is, Greek Yogurt Macaroni and Cheese. This creamy and delicious macaroni will make you forget its actually good for you.
Say goodbye to boxed Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (although it served it purpose), and hello rich and creamy Greek Yogurt Macaroni and Cheese! This Macaroni and Cheese provides every bite of deliciousness that comfort food can provide. The best part of Macaroni and Cheese has always been, you guessed it.. “THE CHEESE!” Now, add in some rich and creamy protein packed greek yogurt to the Mac and Cheese and you will thank yourself for the taste of pure indulgence.
Made with whole wheat pasta and spinach there is plenty of fiber and nutrients to do a body good. Kids will love this new and improved spin on their favorite dinner time meal, and made with wholesome ingredients it will be good for them. Comfort foods are not always fit friendly, but this Mac and Cheese is fit-licious. Kids are right, Macaroni and Cheese is the best choice for dinner, so ditch the box and make this all star Greek Yogurt Macaroni and Cheese for your next meal. xoxo
- 2- cups whole wheat elbow pasta
- 2-cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2-cup plain greek yogurt
- 2-cups fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper-to taste
- 1/2-teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2-teaspoon garlic powder or fresh garlic
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions, about 8-10min until al dente.
- Save about 1/2-cup of pasta water and set aside.
- Place the spinach leaves in the bottom of a strainer, and pour the cooked pasta over the top to drain and wilt the spinach.
- Return the cooked macaroni and wilted spinach into the pot.
- Add 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water to macaroni and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Stir in greek yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the remaining pasta water to thin if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy.